Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pen & Paper

I love pen and paper.  Some people get excited about the soaps and travel shampoos in hotels, I get excited over the pens and little scratch pads left by the telephone.  Notes, plots, scenes and lists can be found floating through my house on everything from receipts and cocktail napkins to Moleskein notebooks.  The latter, however, usually leaves me searching for the perfect scene which was hastily shoved into a pocket during dinner out or a trip to the gas station.

Today, once again, my pen met paper and sparks flew.  I sat to write for a few minutes and ended up with an entire chapter.  Perhaps it's the feel of the pen gliding on the paper that encourages the words to flow or perhaps it's the connection I feel to writers of ages past, whatever the reason, today, pen met paper and lived happily ever after.

 

1 comments:

Alice said...

I get excited over the shampoo and the notepads. :P

Also, I saw some moleskin notebooks at Target the other day. They had some in purple, so I kinda want to get one.