Wednesday, March 16, 2011

This Blog

When I started this blog I wanted it to focus on my writing, from what inspires me to what drives me crazy.   The past day I have reevaluated my goals and came to the conclusion that my desire remains the same. I need a home for my craft.  It may take me a while to turn these template pages into something of my own, but it will be done.

Each week I will set goals for myself.  Feasible goals which will vary, depending on the levels of mayhem in my life.  One goal which remain the same is to write every day.  It may be five sentences, it may be several chapters, the point is to write...EVERY DAY.

There will also be posts about books I am reading or have read.  How can anyone become a good writer if they aren't reading as much as they are writing?  I, for one, need to read the voices of my genre in order to distinguish my own, something I am still working on.

For now, it's time for me to put it away this blog for the night and deal with the characters who are screaming in my head.  I killed a character a few days ago only to discover she was already dead.  (Yes, this was intentional.)  She isn't exactly happy with me at the moment.  

Happy writing!





2 comments:

Alice said...

You know, Book-Addicts.com (my review site with 3 others) started because my friends and I were posting book reviews on our blogs. You can do a weekly/bi weekly book review -- that will help you fill up the month with posts!

There's a Twitter hashtag: #FridayReads, where book bloggers and readers post what they are reading or what they're reviewing. You could post a review every Friday and use the hashtag.

Kellie said...

Alice, Once again you are a genius!