Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Challenge

I have been challenged to write a blog post every day for a minimum of one month.  What have I gotten myself into!  If you look to see how active this blog has been, or hasn't been, you will understand how big of a challenge this is for me.  My name is Kali and I am a neglectful blogger.  This blog, despite my best intentions, petered out quickly when I couldn't come up with anything to say.  No, the sarcastic comments floating around in my head don't count.  As a writer how can I not have something to say?  No idea.  I just don't. My thoughts and opinions are a dime a dozen.  Perhaps it's lack of practice picking out topics from the world around me or walking around with blinders on.  Perhaps I'm scared to really say what I mean or what I feel.  Uh oh!  This isn't going to be me getting in touch with emotions is it?!  Writing fiction is different, trying to think up something to say about everyday life is a challenge.  Little snippets here and there on Facebook or Twitter are usually random thoughts, an entire post...not so much.  What if I take a bunch  of Twitter posts and smoosh them together and call it a blog post?  No?  Damn.

Let the challenge begin!  Creepy Jaws music is playing in my head... 

2 comments:

Alice said...

You can do it! Since you've been absent on your blog for so long, ask yourself: What do I want this blog to be about?

Is it knitting? Writing? Both?

First post: Re-introduce yourself. Talk about what you want your blog to focus on.

I know the challenge is to blog daily, but I find that hard to do. I try to blog twice a week. At minimum, you should blog once a week. Do you make mock covers for your stories? Share them! A post doesn't have to be lengthy! It can be a picture and a writing prompt. Every Monday I list my writing goals for the week on my blog. On Sundays, I evaluate how I did.

There are TONS of things to blog about and I for one would love to see you blog more!

Also, I don't know if you can do it with blogger (I assume so), but on Wordpress, you can schedule your blogs. Write your posts for the week every Sunday, and schedule them to come out when you want them!

Kellie said...

Thanks for the excellent advice Alice! I am taking it to heart. Blogging twice a week, as you suggested, sounds perfectly doable. This month however, I've been challenged and I am determined to get over my fear of blogging.